Why use WordPress?
So what’s the big deal about WordPress?
The WordPress software is currently the most popular website development platform out there and now powers almost 15% of the top one million websites in the world. It is also the software that is being used to build 1 out of every 4 new websites.
WordPress is also an open-source software program, which means that it’s not only free to use, but it’s constantly being updated and improved by thousands of incredibly smart and talented volunteers from around the world.
Perhaps even more important, is the fact that WordPress is easy to use while still being powerful enough to create a website that you will never outgrow.
Maybe you’re a writer, visual artist, or photographer trying to get your creative work noticed online. Maybe you’re a jewelry designer, a musician, or a performance artists who is trying to widen your audience. Maybe you’re a travel writer, a real estate agent, or a restaurant owner who is trying to expand your existing business online. Whatever you want to do online, you’re going to want to have a website that you own and control.
I’m not really here, however, to convince you that you should be using WordPress. Instead I’m going to show you how quickly and easily you can get your new website up and running simply by following along with our new hands-on WordPress video tutorial series.
Introducing the Skinny WordPress 101 video tutorial series!
In this series of videos, we start at the very beginning and walk you through the step-by-step process of everything you’ll need to know from installing the WordPress software on your web hosting account and setting up your database, to optimizing your website for search engines.
For less than the price of an already outdated “WordPress for Dummies” book. You’ll have full access to 25 step-by-step tutorial videos where you can look over my shoulder as I install and configure a WordPress installation on a brand-new domain.
We’ll walk you through every setting and show you the essential changes that you’ll need to make before you do anything else like create your first post.
Then we’ll start showing you around the WordPress software itself. We’ll show you how to create your first post, how to upload and work with images within WordPress, and how to setup customized navigational menus that will help your visitors (and search engines) get around your site.
Then we’ll show you how WordPress plugins work – what they are, where you can find them (safely), and why certain types of plugins could potentially take down your entire website. While we’re at it, I’ll give you my personal list of essential WordPress plugins. These are the same plugins that I install and use on every website that I own.
We will talk a little bit about the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) for your new website and I’ll share some of my favorite plugins and general tips to get your site noticed and indexed by Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Finally we’ll cover the topic of maintaining your new website. We’ll go over some of the essential plugins and tools to backup and optimize your WordPress database. We’ll talk about which files you need to keep and where you need to keep them just in case something ever happens.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll find inside the Skinny WordPress 101 video series:
- How to quickly install and setup the WordPress software securely on your own website domain even if you don’t have a program like Simple Scripts or Fantastico Deluxe.
- We’ll show you the right way to set up your user access accounts to protect your new website and keep the hackers away.
- We’ll talk about how search engines like Google are going to find your new website and what they do and do not want to find when they come to your site.
- How to protect yourself from malicious plugins that could potentially damage your site and why more is not always better.
- We’ll show you show you not only where to find the best of the free themes out there, but also a few places online where you should never consider looking for WordPress themes.
- You’ll learn how a silly security loophole in the WordPress software can allow hackers to log in to your website create a new administrator account and potentially lock you out of your own website.
- What you need to know in order to setup your WordPress Akismet account and protect your website from comment spammers.
- We’ll show you how to easily import, edit, and customize your images within WordPress and where you can safely (and legally) get images to use on your own website for free!
- You’ll discover why installing and setting up your website is only the first step. We’ll give you the tools and techniques you’ll need to maintain and keep your WordPress website running smooth.
So how much is all of this going to cost?
I’m going to save you all the drama and just tell you upfront that it’s only $19
Now of course I think it’s worth more than this after literally spending months researching and putting these videos together, but I really wanted to give you everything you’ll need to get started for less than the price of one of those goofy “WordPress for Dummies” books.
Keep in mind that once you join us, you’ll have lifetime access to the site so you will be able to come back anytime and access these videos when you are ready to set up your next WordPress website. Also as a member, you’ll be given access to all future video updates. In these bonus videos, we’ll go through and show you all of the new features and changes as new versions of the WordPress software are released.
You’ve really got nothing to lose.
If you sign up and for whatever reason you decide later that this video tutorial series just isn’t right for you, let us know and we’ll be more than happy to give you a full refund. We figure that $19 isn’t really worth losing a friend over. So if you ever feel like you’re not getting what you signed up for just contact us, we’ll give you your money back and we can still be friends
So what are you waiting for?!
Click the button below, and I’ll see you on the inside!