Why use WordPress?
So what’s the big deal about WordPress?
The WordPress software is currently the most popular website development platform out there and now powers almost 15% of the top one million websites in the world. It is also the software that is being used to build 1 out of every 4 new websites.
WordPress is also an open-source software program, which means that it’s not only free to use, but it’s constantly being updated and improved by thousands of incredibly smart and talented volunteers from around the world.
Perhaps even more important, is the fact that WordPress is easy to use while still being powerful enough to create a website that you will never outgrow.
Maybe you’re a writer, visual artist, or photographer trying to get your creative work noticed online. Maybe you’re a jewelry designer, a musician, or a performance artists who is trying to widen your audience. Maybe you’re a travel writer, a real estate agent, or a restaurant owner who is trying to expand your existing business online. Whatever you want to do online, you’re going to want to have a website that you own and control.
I’m not really here, however, to convince you that you should be using WordPress. Instead I’m going to show you how quickly and easily you can get your new website up and running simply by following along with our new hands-on WordPress video tutorial series.
Introducing the Skinny WordPress 101 video tutorial series!
In this series of videos, we start at the very beginning and walk you through the step-by-step process of everything you’ll need to know from installing the WordPress software on your web hosting account and setting up your database, to optimizing your website for search engines.
For less than the price of an already outdated “WordPress for Dummies” book. You’ll have full access to 35+ step-by-step tutorial videos where you can look over my shoulder as I install and configure a WordPress installation on a brand-new domain.
We’ll walk you through every setting and show you the essential changes that you’ll need to make before you do anything else like create your first post.
Then we’ll start showing you around the WordPress software itself. We’ll show you how to create your first post, how to upload and work with images within WordPress, and how to setup customized navigational menus that will help your visitors (and search engines) get around your site.
Then we’ll show you how WordPress plugins work – what they are, where you can find them (safely), and why certain types of plugins could potentially take down your entire website. While we’re at it, I’ll give you my personal list of essential WordPress plugins. These are the same plugins that I install and use on every website that I own.
We will talk a little bit about the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) for your new website and I’ll share some of my favorite plugins and general tips to get your site noticed and indexed by Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Finally we’ll cover the topic of maintaining your new website. We’ll go over some of the essential plugins and tools to backup and optimize your WordPress database. We’ll talk about which files you need to keep and where you need to keep them just in case something ever happens.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll find inside the Skinny WordPress 101 video series:
- How to quickly install and setup the WordPress software securely on your own website domain even if you don’t have a program like Simple Scripts or Fantastico Deluxe.
- We’ll show you the right way to set up your user access accounts to protect your new website and keep the hackers away.
- We’ll talk about how search engines like Google are going to find your new website and what they do and do not want to find when they come to your site.
- How to protect yourself from malicious plugins that could potentially damage your site and why more is not always better.
- We’ll show you show you not only where to find the best of the free themes out there, but also a few places online where you should never consider looking for WordPress themes.
- You’ll learn how a silly security loophole in the WordPress software can allow hackers to log in to your website create a new administrator account and potentially lock you out of your own website.
- What you need to know in order to setup your WordPress Akismet account and protect your website from comment spammers.
- We’ll show you how to easily import, edit, and customize your images within WordPress and where you can safely (and legally) get images to use on your own website for free!
- You’ll discover why installing and setting up your website is only the first step. We’ll give you the tools and techniques you’ll need to maintain and keep your WordPress website running smooth.
- And that’s only the beginning because we are constantly adding more new videos and updates in order to give you all of the information you need. In fact, we now have over 35+ HD quality videos in our SkinnyWordPress 101 members area.
Or maybe you’ve already got your WordPress website set up…
Maybe you’ve already got the basics down and you are ready to take the next step.
Maybe you are interested in connecting your website to some of your social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook. Maybe you want to figure out how to set up a Facebook Fan page for your business, or maybe you just want to learn a few advanced techniques for securing your website and keeping the evil spambots away. Maybe you are interested in making your site more mobile-friendly, or maybe you’ve been thinking about adding an audio or video podcast to your website.
Bonus: Skinny WordPress 102 video tutorial series
As an added bonus, we’re also going to include our Skinny WordPress 102 video tutorial series. Here you’ll find 25 more HD quality videos that will give you everything you’ll need to take your WordPress website to the next level.
In this second more advanced video series, we’ll be covering everything from setting up your Google Analytics and Feedburner accounts, to making your website more world-friendly by translating your content into your visitor’s preferred language automatically.
We’ll talk about creating a Favicon to help you brand your website, and how you can transform your WordPress from a “blog” to a more traditional website format in just a few easy steps. We’ll talk about how you can setup jaw-dropping image galleries, and how you can easily create awesome looking infographics for your site.
You’ll learn about all of the different video formats out there, and how you can easily embed all types of videos on your website whether they are hosted on YouTube or if you want to be completely in control of your content and host them yourself. We’ll show you exactly what you need to do.
Here’s just a sample of what’s inside the Skinny WordPress 102 video series:
- How to quickly connect your website to all of your different social media accounts and get the link love you deserve
- How to set up your Twitter feed so people can follow you simply by clicking a button on your website
- We’ll show you how you can easily create and setup your bookmarking “favicon” to help brand your website
- How to set up your Facebook Fan Page and connect it directly to your website so people can immediately “Like” your page.
- We’ll talk about why more is not necessarily better when it comes to getting people to share you content online
- How to make your WordPress website look less like a “blog” and more like a traditional website
- We’ll talk about the importance of having a speedy website and we’ll show you a few things that you can do to make sure your visitors don’t click away while they are waiting for your website to load.
- We’ll give you some additional tools and techniques for securing your website from hackers and ways you can protect your site from endless comment and email spam
- How to set up some free tools like Feedburner and Google Analytics and integrate them on your website so you can figure out who’s coming to your website and what they are doing once they get there.
- We’ll show you how you can create some amazing looking image galleries and slideshows with the help of a few simple plugins.
- We’ll talk about why it’s important to make your website accessible to as many people as possible by using a few simple tools to translate your website into their preferred language, or formatting your website to look great on smartphones and the iPad.
- How adding a simple audio or video podcast to your website is not as difficult as it seems and why your visitors will love you for it!
- We’ll show you how you can allow your visitors to download files such as your audio podcast or PDF ebooks easily while still maintaining complete control over who has access to these files.
- We’ll talk about how you can easily add your Google+ author pic to your website’s search results to make your link stand out from the crowd.
- We’ll show you how you can create eye-catching infographics for your website that your visitors will love to share.
So how much is all of this going to cost?
I’m going to save you all the drama and just tell you upfront that it’s only $19
Now of course I think it’s worth more than this after literally spending months researching and putting these videos together, but I really wanted to give you everything you’ll need to get started for less than the price of one of those goofy “WordPress for Dummies” books.
Keep in mind that once you join us, you’ll have lifetime access to the site so you will be able to come back anytime and access these videos when you are ready to set up your next WordPress website. Also as a member, you’ll be given access to all future video updates. In these bonus videos, we’ll go through and show you all of the new features and changes as new versions of the WordPress software are released.
You’ve really got nothing to lose.
If you sign up and for whatever reason you decide later that this video tutorial series just isn’t right for you, let us know and we’ll be more than happy to give you a full refund. We figure that $19 isn’t really worth losing a friend over. So if you ever feel like you’re not getting what you signed up for just contact us, we’ll give you your money back and we can still be friends
So what are you waiting for?!
Click the button below, and I’ll see you on the inside!